8 Keys to Veterans' Success Sites
8 Keys to Veterans' Success Sites
The "8 Keys to Veterans' Success" are steps that postsecondary institutions can take to assist Veterans and Service members in transitioning to higher education, completing their college programs, and obtaining career-ready skills.
Postsecondary institutions listed on this site have voluntarily affirmed their support for the 8 Keys. However, a listing here is not a representation or assurance by the U.S. Department of Education that an institution has implemented the 8 Keys or how well it has implemented them, and it does not constitute an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Education of these institutions or their policies or programs.
To help you determine whether a school meets your needs or interests, we recommend that you seek out additional information from the school or schools you are considering. You may also wish to seek additional information from current or former students, and other sources.
About the 8 Keys
- A voluntary initiative through the Departments of Education, Veterans Affairs, and Defense.
- Highlights specific ways that colleges and universities can support veterans.
- Create a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community to promote well-being and success for veterans.
- Ensure consistent and sustained support from campus leadership.
- Implement an early alert system to ensure all veterans receive academic, career, and financial advice before challenges become overwhelming.
- Coordinate and centralize campus efforts for all veterans, together with the creation of a designated space for them (even if limited in size).
- Collaborate with local communities and organizations, including government agencies, to align and coordinate various services for veterans.
- Utilize a uniform set of data tools to collect and track information on veterans, including demographics, retention, and degree completion.
- Provide comprehensive professional development for faculty and staff on issues and challenges unique to veterans.
- Develop systems that ensure sustainability of effective practices for veterans.
- Davenport University, Grand Rapids, MI
- Davenport UniversityBattle Creek Location, Battle Creek, MI
- Davenport UniversityGrand Rapids Downtown , Grand Rapids, MI
- Davenport UniversityTreasury Site Dimondale, Dimondale, MI
- Flint Campus, Fenton, MI
- Holland Campus, Holland, MI
- Kalamazoo Campus, Kalamazoo, MI
- Lansing Campus, Lansing, MI
- Livonia Campus, Livonia, MI
- Midland Campus, Midland, MI
- Saginaw Campus, Saginaw, MI
- Traverse City Campus, Traverse City, MI
- Warren Campus, Warren, MI
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- EMS Training Institute, Simi Valley, CA
- Halifax Community College, Weldon, NC
- HyperLearing Technologies, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA
- Martinsburg College, Martinsburg, WV
- Niagara County Community College, Sanborn, NY
- Niagara University, Niagara University, NY
- Thomas University, Thomasville, GA
- Technical College of the Lowcountry
- Beaufort Campus, Beaufort, SC
- Hampton Campus, Varnville, SC
- New River Campus, Bluffton, SC
- Texas Woman's University
- Denton Campus, Denton TX
- TWU Institute of Health Sciences, Houston, TX
- TWU T. Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences, Dallas, TX
- University of Mary HardinBaylor, Belton,TX
- University of the Rockies, Denver, CO