Transforming Teaching and Leading
Get Involved with the RESPECT Movement Today!
Make the RESPECT vision a reality by taking action in your school, district or state.
The most frequent questions we hear when talking with educators about RESPECT are, "How can I get involved? Where do I start?" The good news is that much of this work must start with you! Take action in your community today:
- Take a self-inventory of your school or district's progress on RESPECT and develop an action plan.
- Hold a discussion in your school or district to talk about the transformation of the profession and make the case for RESPECT.
- Making the Case for Respect [MS PowerPoint, 5MB]
- Choose from a list of local, state and national strategies that teachers and leaders can use to begin this important work.
- Share the RESPECT Blueprint with your colleagues, networks and community (e-book version available for use on tablets, smartphones, and other smart devices!).
- Create and brand your own RESPECT advocacy materials
- Express your thoughts on social media using the hashtag #RESPECTeaching
- Sign up to receive a weekly update from ED that will include information related to RESPECT and other teaching resources.