Recognizing Educational Success, Professional Excellence, and Collaborative Teaching (RESPECT)
An Educator-led Movement
RESPECT represents a movement within the education profession to elevate and transform teaching and leading so that all of our students are prepared to meet the demands of the 21st century. As the demands of our world continue to expand, our students need educators who are well prepared, compensated, and treated as professionals.
A New Vision for Teaching and Leading
After two years of discussion with teachers, school leaders, and other stakeholders, the President has unveiled a Blueprint for RESPECT [PDF, 4.5MB | ePub, 1.2MB ]. Read the President's plan to assist educators in their work to transform their profession.
Seven Critical Components
- A Culture of Shared Responsibility and Leadership
- Top Talent, Prepared for Success
- Continuous Growth and Professional Development
- Effective Teachers and Principals
- A Professional Career Continuum with Competitive Compensation
- Conditions for Successful Teaching and Learning
- Engaged Communities
Trace the Path of RESPECT
Join the RESPECT Movement!
Get involved today! Take a self-inventory of your school or district's progress on RESPECT and access resources for taking action. Send us your reflections, questions, and ideas for action steps at email@example.com or on Twitter using #RESPECTeaching.