- #AfAmEdChat Discusses President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper Initiative March 20, 2014
- My Brother’s Keeper: A New White House Initiative to Empower Boys and Young Men of Color
- White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans Partners with Johnson Publishing Company to Host Summits on Improving Educational Outcomes for African American Students
- White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans hosts discussion on “Equity and Excellence: African American Children’s Access to Quality Preschool”
- President Obama Speaks on Trayvon Martin
- U.S. Department of Education Announces New Executive Director of White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans
- White House Announces Champions Change–Educational Excellence For African Americans
- President Obama Creates Initiative to Improve Educational Outcomes for African Americans
- President Obama Signs New Initiative to Improve Educational Outcomes for African Americans
Join Us Now for #AfAmEdChat!!
The White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans hosts a regular Thursday series from 12PM – 1PM EST using the Twitter platform. We connect communities across the nation discussing and highlighting successful strategies for educational excellence at local, state and national levels. Issues range from introducing young women of color to S.T.E.A.M. careers, to highlighting quality early learning options, to ending the ‘school-to-prison’ pipeline, to investing in and recruiting teachers of colors to enter and remain in the education ecosystem. We will post summaries of past chats here so everyone has access to the ideas and resources shared. Read more…
May 8, 2014: https://storify.com/AfAmEducation/successinhighered
April 24, 2014: https://storify.com/AfAmEducation/holistichealthandeducation
Visit our Storify page by clicking here to view previous chats and twitter events.
Read here about our American Education Week 2013 #AfAmEdChat Kick Off