What is the Internship?
- A minimum of one (1) month internship – at least 20 hours per week with an office within the Department of Interior (DOI)
- Placement in an office within the Department of the Interior including but not limited to – Office of Congressional Affairs, the Office of Communications, the Office of External Affairs, the Scheduling Office, Office of Youth, Partnerships and Service, and the Office of the Executive Secretary.
- The opportunity to work on specific project/policy within your selected office Benefits to the Intern.
- Interns will gain policy, social media and communications experience on a variety of issues supporting the mission of DOI and at the same time Earn college internship credit, apply and refine skills in policy; writing and oral communication; and work place etiquette/professionalism.
Required Application Materials:
- Current Resume
- Unofficial Transcript
- Letter of Interest
- Excellent analytic and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary group
- Maintain at least a half-time course load as defined by the educational institution
- Remain in good academic standing
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Commit to a minimum of one month and at least 20 hours per week
* Unpaid Internship No Housing available *
Send Application Material to Vanessa Torres
The Department of the Interior is calling for applications for Spring 2014 ,
* Deadline for application is December 13, 2013.
For more information email:
Vanessa Torres, Youth Program Analyst