The WHIHBCU is looking for HEY! Ambassadors
This summer, the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (WHIHBCU) is engaging youth about the health care changes that are happening through the Affordable Care Act (ACA). It’s important for youth to be informed about these opportunities so they can get enrolled and covered. We also want to empower youth to spread the word to their peers and the African American community to ensure our community has access to affordable health care.
That’s why we’re inviting young leaders like you to become HEY! Ambassadors and lead ACA outreach activities in your communities this year. The possibilities are endless – set up a table to share resources at a campus fair, create a video about the ACA, run a conference workshop – whatever you want to do to get the word out to your friends and community members about the ACA!
There are a lot of ACA informational sessions — see the ACA Updates document for details!
To learn more about how HEY! works follow: How Hey Works
If you’re not a HEY! Ambassador yet and want to sign up, or have questions, please contact a WHI representative:
- WHI on American Indian and Alaska Native Education: email@example.com
- WHI on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders: whitehouseAAPI@ed.gov
- WHI on Educational Excellence for African Americans: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHI on Educational Excellence for Hispanics: email@example.com
- WHI on Historically Black Colleges and Universities: firstname.lastname@example.org