OVAE is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for adult education staff at both the state and local levels to receive hands-on training at the upcoming College and Career Readiness (CCR) Standards for Adult Education: Implementation Institute. The Implementation Institute will be repeated in three regional locations:
- April 1-2 in New Orleans, LA
- April 30-May 1 in Phoenix, AZ
- June 4-5 in Washington, DC
The institute will bring together expert coaches in literacy and mathematics to provide training and individualized support to teams of educators on how implementation of CCR standards would impact instruction and curriculum. Throughout the 2-day institute, attendees will develop a practical and transferable understanding of:
- The CCR Standards for Adult Education (2013)
- The fundamental shifts in instruction and curriculum that the standards indicate
- Alignment between current state standards and the demands of CCR standards
- Different approaches for how to implement CCR standards successfully
- Concrete steps to begin to transform instructional and curriculum approaches and materials
Susan Pimentel and StandardsWork, Inc. are conducting this institute, on behalf of OVAE, as a way to assist programs—no matter where they are on the continuum of standards implementation—with creating a sustainable model for advancing CCR standards-based reform. To provide a rich training experience, states and programs are encouraged to send a team of two or more staff members. The team should include instructional leaders or administrators who are responsible for literacy and mathematics, program management or professional development. States/programs will be responsible for supporting the travel and hotel costs for each team member.
Watch for more information about the CCR Standards for Adult Education: Implementation Institute, including how to register, in early 2014.