The U.S. Department of Labor reported that the economy added 236,000 non-farm jobs in February, according to their preliminary figures. Industries that added workers in Career and Technical Education pathways include Construction, Healthcare, Leisure and Hospitality, and the Motion Picture and Sound Recording Industries.
Industries with the most workers added to payrolls in the last month include:
- +44,100 Admninistrative and Waste Services
- +39,100 Health care and Social Assistance
- +31,700 Specialty Trade Contractors
- +23,700 Retail Trade
- +20,800 Motion Picture and Sound Recording
- +26,800 Professional and Technical Services
- +20,600 Accomodations and Food Services
Industries with largest reductions in the number of workers in the last month include:
- -31,700 Electronics and Appliance Stores
- -14,700 Educational Services
- -10,000 Government
Visit www.BLS.gov to see the press release, access employment figures by industry, and dig deeper into state and local data.
Employment figures based on preliminary data reported by BLS for February 2013.