The Office of Innovation and Improvement is led by a dynamic team of individuals who have extensive experience in government service and in the private sector. Many have directed federal grant programs and have been teachers, policy analysts, and directors of programs for nonprofit organizations and foundations.
Assistant Deputy Secretary
- Margo Anderson, Associate Assistant Deputy Secretary and Acting Director, Investing in Innovation Fund (i3)
- Liza Araujo, Executive Officer
- Marisa Bold, Chief of Staff
- Maureen Dowling, Director, Office of Non-Public Education
- Anna Hinton, Director, Parental Options and Information and Acting Director, Improvement Programs
- Stefan Huh, Director, Charter Schools Program
- Venitia Richardson, Director, Teacher Quality Programs
- Russell Shilling, Executive Director of STEM Initiatives
- Ursula Wright, Associate Assistant Deputy Secretary for Special Projects
Office of Innovation and Improvement
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202
Telephone: (202) 205-4500
For general information about the Office of Innovation and Improvement, contact Ann Margaret Galiatsos.