The White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
Region 3 Interagency Working Group Grant Writing and Technical Assistance Training
The White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders Region 3 Interagency Working Group, in partnership with the Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum, invite you to our Grant Writing and Technical Assistance Training.
Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Time: 9:30 am-5:00 pm
Venue: The Free Library of Philadelphia-Parkway Central Library in Philadelphia, PA
Skyline Room (4th Floor)
1901 Vine Street
Philadelphia PA 19103
The event will provide a beginner level training around grant writing and other topics. Please find the invitation flyer and RSVP link attached for your reference. Space is limited so please be sure to RSVP online, and please also share the invitation with your networks.
To join this event, please register here.
You may send your questions and comments to WhiteHouseAAPI@ed.gov
Office of Minority Health (OMH)
The Office of Minority Health (OMH) is pleased to announce it is providing capacity building and technical assistance services to minority-serving institutions (MSIs) through a new initiative implemented through the OMH Resource Center. The MSI Technical Assistance Center is offering support to MSIs to improve and develop their infrastructure as well as strengthen their partnerships. Our goal with the MSI Technical Assistance Center is to improve MSI sustainability and address minority health issues.
In 2014, the MSI Technical Assistance Center will offer a series of webinars and face-to-face trainings throughout the country that will strengthen and improve an MSI’s capacity to excel in its grant writing and research endeavors. Please visit minorityhealth.hhs.gov to see how these offerings can assist colleges and universities in addressing sustainable activities for their campuses, faculty, staff and students.
Institute of Education Sciences: Funding Opportunities Webinar Series
The National Center for Special Education Research (NCSER) and the National Center for Education Research (NCER) within the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) host a series of webinars related to research funding opportunities. For more information, and to access the webinars, click here.
Corporation for National & Community Service
AmeriCorps State and National Grants
AmeriCorps State and National has developed a webpage with resources for those interested in applying for AmeriCorps State and National grants. Please refer to Applying for AmeriCorps State and National Grants to find information on AmeriCorps.
- AmeriCorps Basics: Addresses questions about the basic concepts and components of AmeriCorps State and National grants, the application review timeline and other general questions about AmeriCorps. (Required pre-call reading: Intro to AmeriCorps State and National, AmeriCorps Key Terms, and Intro to AmeriCorps Members)
- Wednesday, October 22 at 1pm EST – A replay of the call is available at 866-491-2910. Passcode: 15877
- AmeriCorps Program Management and Design: Addresses questions ranging from appropriate AmeriCorps member service activities, staffing for the program, grantee responsibilities and other questions related to program design or program management. (Required pre-call reading: Categories of AmeriCorps Grants and AmeriCorps Program Management and Design)
- AmeriCorps Grant NOFO Selection Criteria: Addresses questions about the AmeriCorps grant application selection criteria, grant review process and other questions that need to be addressed in order to complete your application. (Required pre-call reading: Notice of Funding Opportunity and Application Instructions)
- Monday, October 20 at 1pm EST – A replay of the call is available at 866-479-2464.
The White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and Grants.gov
The White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and Grants.gov offered a free webinar training session oriented toward organizations with little experience with Grants.gov.