The extent to which the State has a High-Quality Plan to improve the effectiveness and retention of Early Childhood Educators with the goal of improving child outcomes through--
- Professional development opportunities that are aligned with its Workforce Knowledge and Competencies;
- Policies and incentives, (e.g., scholarships, compensation and wage supplements, tiered reimbursement rates, other financial incentives, management opportunities), that promote professional development and career advancement along an articulated career pathway; and
- Setting ambitious yet achievable targets for:
- Increasing Early Childhood Educator retention rates; and
- Increasing the number and percentage of Early Childhood Educators moving up through the progression of credentials.