(B)(3) Understanding the status of children's learning and development at kindergarten entry
The extent to which the State is administering, or has a High-Quality Plan to administer, a common, statewide kindergarten entry assessment that is aligned with the State's Early Learning and Development Standards, that informs instruction and services in the early elementary grades, and that—
- Covers all of the Essential Domains of School Readiness;
- Is valid, reliable, and appropriate for the target population and for the purpose for which it will be used;
- Is administered to all children who are entering a public school kindergarten statewide;
- Is appropriate for all children, including English learners and children with disabilities;
- Is reported to the Statewide Longitudinal Data System, and to the early learning data system if it is separate from the Statewide Longitudinal Data System, as permitted under and consistent with the requirements of Federal State, and local, privacy laws; and
- Will be administered statewide no later than the start of school year 2014-2015.