(A)(4) Building or enhancing an early learning data system to improve instruction, practices, services, and policies
The extent to which the State has in place, or has a High-Quality Plan to build, an extension to the State's existing Statewide Longitudinal Data System or a separate, but coordinated, early learning data system that aligns and is interoperable with the Statewide Longitudinal Data System, and that such system --
- Enables uniform data collection and easy entry of the Essential Data Elements by Participating State Agencies and Participating Programs;
- Facilitates the exchange of data among Participating State Agencies by using standard data structures, data formats, and data definitions such as Common Education Data Standards to ensure interoperability among the various levels and types of data;
- Generates information that is timely, relevant, accessible, and easy for Early Learning and Development Programs and Early Childhood Educators to use for continuous improvement and decision-making;
- Is supported by high-quality professional development for Early Childhood Educators on the access and use of data; and
- Meets the Data System Oversight Requirements and complies with the requirements of Federal, State, and local privacy laws.