A State must meet the following requirements to be eligible to compete for funding under this program:
- The Lead Agency must have executed with each Participating State Agency a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), which the State must attach to its application, describing the Participating State Agency's level of participation in the grant. At a minimum, the MOU must include an assurance that the Participating State Agency agrees to implement policies and practices, consistent with the State Plan, including to the extent applicable--
- Statewide Early Learning and Development Standards;
- Statewide Program Standards;
- The State's Tiered Quality Rating and Improvement System;
- Statewide Workforce Knowledge and Competencies and progression of credentials; and
- Statewide Essential Data Elements that are captured in the State's data system.
- The State must have an operational State Advisory Council on Early Childhood Education and Care that meets the requirements described in Section 642B(b) of the Head Start Act (42 U.S.C. 9837 b).