Secretary Duncan teamed up with John Hill, director of the National Rural Education Association, during a call to both journalists from rural communities and education writers who cover rural schools on Wednesday, January 26. The Secretary and Hill discussed the importance of fixing the federal mandates of No Child Left Behind that do not work for rural schools and answered questions from the media about the challenges and opportunities that rural schools have.
Search This Blog
- New Tools to Support Students in Preparing for College and a Call for Innovative Ideas
- Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative is Finalist for Innovations in American Government Award
- Digging Deeper into ED Open Data: New ED Data Inventory
- Duncan Calls for Higher Standards and Expectations Following PISA Results
- In the Shadows of Principals