The 2010 U.S. Department of Education Reading Institute will be held from July 19 to 21 in Anaheim, CA.
Registration is free, and the institute is open to all who work in the area of literacy instruction. If the U.S. Department of Education grant you work on permits use of federal funds for professional development, you may wish to consider using those funds to attend this institute. Please consult with Department program staff to determine whether you may use such funds to support your participation in the 2010 Reading Institute.
This year, there will also be seven sessions with online access to allow remote participation; registration is now open for these featured sessions. In addition, the National Title I Association has collected references and prepared abstracts based on information suggested by Institute presenters. Participants in the Early Learning and Development strand are encouraged to review this information before the conference.
For more information and registration, please see http://www.mikogroup.com/2010readinginstitute.
Featured Sessions with Online Access at the 2010 Reading Institute: Early Learning and Development Strand
- Federal Investment in Early Learning: Policy Direction, Intent and Funding: July 19, 2010, 10:15 am -11:45 PST, https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/745655425
- National Title I Association: July 19, 2010, 2:15 pm – 3:45 pm PST, www.titlei.org or email email@example.com
- International Reading Association (IRA): July 20, 2010, 9:45 am – 11:15 am PST, https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/130795952
- National Governors Association (NGA): July 20, 2010, 12:45 pm – 2:15 pm PST, https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/869720577
- Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSOs): July 20, 2010, 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm PST, https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/544749600
- National Title I Association: July 20, 2010, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm PST, www.titlei.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title I State and Local Leaders and Other Stakeholders: July 21, 2010, 11:15 am – 12:45 pm PST, www.titlei.org or email email@example.com