“Today we cross a threshold in education reform,” Secretary Arne Duncan said around noon at ED headquarters. Today, the Race to the Top began.
President Barack Obama joined Secretary Duncan for the announcement of this national competition for states to lead the way in school reforms, backed by historic levels of financial support.
Click here for an accessible version of the video.
A number of fact sheets, draft notices, and other documents were produced for the event:
- Video highlights
- Press release
- President’s remarks: transcript and video
- Secretary’s remarks
- Fact sheets, notices, and more for Recovery Act programs: Investing in Innovation, Teacher Incentive Fund, State Longitudinal Data Systems, Title I School Improvement Grants, State Educational Technology Grants
- Race to the Top website
- President’s interview with the Washington Post
- Secretary’s op-ed, “Education Reform’s Moon Shot”
- Webcast of today’s announcement.