Making higher education more affordable and more accessible was the topic of the May edition of Education News Parents Can Use, the Department’s monthly television show. The hour-long discussion focused on ways to provide all Americans with the opportunity to attend and complete a postsecondary education and included tips for families on how to plan for and finance college. Guests included Bob Shireman, ED’s new deputy under secretary and a leading expert on college access and financial aid; Jamie Merisotis, president and CEO of the Lumina Foundation for Education; Joyce Smith, CEO of the National Association of College Admission Counseling; and Joseph Bell, Upward Bound Director at Howard University. Watch the archived webcast at http://www.connectlive.com/events/ednews/20090519.html.
Search This Blog
- Adult Learners Share Stories of Personal Triumph
- Young Children Learn Math Through the Arts
- 5 Things to Consider When Taking Out Student Loans
- Celebrating the National Language Teacher of the Year and Foreign Language Partnerships
- Join the Conversation to Improve Transition from School to Work for Youth with Disabilities